Ceramill Artex (virtual articulator)
Virtual Artex®CR - the functional interface between manual and digital dental technology
Working with an articulator is standard practice for dental laboratories during manual fabrication of restorations. It is only logical to enable this when operating CAD/CAM systems to also achieve the same quality of restorations virtually. The "Ceramill Artex®” virtual articulator creates a bridge between manual and digital technology:
The set of models mounted in the Artex® should be transferred into the Map400 scanner using the Ceramill Transfer kit, while maintaining the Artex® commonality, and scanned in relation. This interchanges the Artex®CR excursion options digitally and manually. Interfering structures can already be removed and time-consuming manual grinding in is reduced to a minimum.
The "Virtual articulator" window
The "Ceramill Artex®CR" virtual articulator enables all excursions of the jaw to be simulated that are also possible using a physical "Ceramill Artex®CR".
The following options are available for setting the virtual articulator to a patient situation:
- There is a choice of three different incisal guidance tables. The required incisal guidance table is selected in the drop-down menu "Type of articulator" . The following tables are available:
- Standard table; 0° (artex cr flat- table)
- Anatomical table; 40° protrusive; 30-40° laterotrusive (artex cr average-anterior-guidance)
- Customisable table; 0-70° protrusive; 0-40° laterotrusive
- The position of the models can be readjusted virtually in the articulator using the “Rearticulate models virtually” button.
- An additional window can be opened using the "Choose witch teeth influence artikulator movment"  button. In this window it is possible to deselect/select teeth which should be taken into consideration during simulation of the jaw excursions.
- The articulator can be hidden & shown using the "Show articulator"  check box.
- The length of excursion path can be customised in the "Movements"  area.
- Under "Parameters"  the patient’s individual values for Bennett angle, immediate side shift, angle of condylar guidance and vertical adjustment of the occlusal height can be set specifically to the condyles.
If the customisable incisal guidance table has been selected beforehand, the angle and inclination of the incisal guidance table may also be set.
- Click the “Start articulator movment semulation”  button to start the jaw excursion simulation.
Once the jaw excursion simulation has been completed, the window is closed using the "OK" button. Jaw excursions can now be reproduced via the "Playback articulator excursions" window.