Introduction Ceramill Mind Database
The entry point to the CAD/CAM platform is the Ceramill Mind Database (Ceramill Cockpit). Here, you define your job (dentist, patient, technician, the type of constructions and the materials). All the tasks you will perform to finalize your CAD/CAM work are started from here: Scanning, construction, upload of construction data or milling.
After startup, the following screen is presented to you:
Defining job details
To define your job, proceed as follows:
- Select the customer (dentist) . You can either select the customer number or the customer name; the respective other field will update accordingly.
- To add a new customer to the database, click the „Edit“ button  – a dialog will open that allows you to view your list of dentists.
- Select the name of the patient 
- Select technician (the same way as you select the customer) 
- Select the restorations and materials by clicking on the tooth bows  – see "Defining jobs for individual teeth" for details. Colors are used to mark different types of restoration in the tooth bow; an index is available .
- To use an antagonist scan, select „Antagonist“ for at least one tooth in the jaw part opposing your restorations, and define the type of antagonist scan using 
- Define connectors using the toggle buttons .
- Green: A connector will be created between the teeth
- Grey: A connector will not be created between the teeth (click to toggle)
- Red: A connector may not be created, because the material of the adjacent teeth differs
- No toggle button present: One of the selected types does not permit connectors. By default, connectors will be defined automatically whenever you define a pontic. So in practice, you will use this feature mostly to add connectors between adjacent crowns or copings.
- You may also select tooth shade . Please notice that this input is only for your own documentation and won’t be sent to the Ceramill M-center. (See more about this under the chapter "Defining jobs for individual teeth")
-  Delivery: Here you can choose the type of dispatch (Express or Super Express)
- If desired, add notes into the field .
|Ctrl+Left Mouse Button||In the tooth selection: Apply last selected settings to another tooth|
|Shift+Left Mouse Button||Apply last selected settings to all teeth from the last selected tooth to the clicked tooth|
Saving and starting actions
Once your job is defined, click the „Save“ button in the button bar  to save your job. This will add the job details to the database, and create a project folder which will hold all the data (scans, constructions, project file) related to this job.
Once the job has been saved, additional buttons in the button bar  become available: You may now start the scanning process using the „Scan“ button, and then start the CAD construction using the „CAD“ button.
The following Buttons are available (description from left to right):
- New: Open a new order sheet
- Load: Load an already existing order
- Save: Save the filled order sheet
- Duplicate: copies orderinformations/scandatas/constructiondatas and saves them in a new project
- Ceramill Map: Start the scan software Ceramill Map
- Ceramill Mind: Start the construction software Ceramill Mind
- Ceramill Match 2: Start the CAM-software Ceramill Match
- Ceramill Motion: Start the software of the milling machine Ceramill Motion
- Upload: Send („Upload“) the datas to the M-Center (production center) → (only possible when construction is completely done)
- Print: Print the order sheet
- Dongle Tool: Opens an overview of upgrade modules
- Updates: Directs you automatically download the newest updates
The red/green indicators  give you an overview which actions have already been performed. Green color means that this stage of the process (Scanning, CAD, etc) has been completed. To open the respective project directory in Windows Explorer, click the „Open in Explorer“ button .
Loading saved jobs
To load a job, click "Load" in the button bar . See the "Loading jobs" section for details.
The image preview pane
For saved jobs, an image preview panel  is available. After the scan process, preview photos of the models will be visible here (only possible with Ceramill Map300).
Changing user interface language and tooth numbering scheme
Button  opens a configuration dialog which allows you to change the language of the user interface, and switch between FDI tooth numbering (11-48) or Universal Numbering System (1-32, US).