M-part Trim Scan
To speed up processing data, the input scan data should only include the mesh under the partial framework plus any involved teeth. Normally you trim the scan data prior to using the PTP2 software, but if this is not possible, we include the Trim Scan Tool to remove scan data prior to survey.
- Select with Ball  allows you to paint an area of mesh to be cropped or deleted.
- Select with Plane  allows you to position a flat plant to select the model on one side of the plane. Can be used in conjunction with the View Arrows in the lower-right of the PTP2 Window. Normally used to trim the bottom of a model, but be careful not to cut any relevant areas!
- Select by Seed  point to a piece of mesh, and the entire mesh will be selected. Rarely used for scan data that has multiple pieces within it.
- The Eraser  paint select an area to delete from the trim
- The Select All  selects the entire model to be trimmed
- The Select None  icon de-selects the entire model
- Invert Selection  reverses the selected and un-selected areas. Only the selected areas will be deleted.
- Tool Size  adjusts the size of the tool for painting. Can be adjusted with Shift-Middle-Mouse-Wheel.
- Delete  deletes the selected area from the scan. Use Control-Z to undo the delete.