Freeforming the denture base
The “Freeforming” tool is available for contouring the denture base. This tool provides the possibility of processing the outer design of the denture base.
If the anatomical tooth crowns penetrate the model too deeply, then they have fallen below the minimum thickness of the base. In this case, a message appears with the following suggestions for a solution.
- 1. Free-forming:
The Wizard remains active and the areas concerned can be strengthened
- 2. Correction of set-up:
The Wizard closes and the procedure is as follows: _ select "Correction of tooth set-up" via the context menu and adapt the tooth set-up _ select "Design denture base" via the context menu and allow the base to be generated new again _ start Wizard and continue to follow.
“Anatomical” tab 
Smaller “Denture Base Parts” , or also “Entire Denture Base”  can be moved under the “Anatomical” tab .
The respective button is activated for this and the required denture part is dragged towards where more base material is needed while keeping the left mouse key pressed.
Tab “Free” 
Under the tab “Free”  it can be selected whether to “Add/Remove” or “Smooth” the material. The required thickness, size and type of brush can be set in the area “Brush” .
Example 1: Quick alveoli modellation
1. The Gingival section of the denture base is slightly cut in using the “Parts of the denture base” tools under the “Anatomical” tab.
2. The relevant alveolus is slightly accentuated with the same tool.
3. The surface of the modellation is then smoothed using the “Smooth” tool.
Example 2: Detailed papillae -alveoli modelation
1. The base surface of the alveoli is created using the “Add/Remove” tools and the brush type “Standard”.
2. The cervical papillae are created using the brush type “Cylinder” and a slightly smaller selected setting of the brush size.
3. Finally the surface of the pattern is smoothed using the “Smoothing” tool.